Pages

Friday, September 30, 2011

As I am swamped with school work this will be a brief post. But I wanted to take a moment to just appreciate writers. I saw Drive this week and I was blown away by how well the story was told. There wasn’t much dialogue, many words, rather it relied on showing things through camera shots and used settings and soundtrack to set the mood. When it ended I sat there for a few minutes processing it. I rarely have that reaction to movie.
I often react like that to the end of a book however. A story that is told with nothing but words, no visual or mood setting music to accompany it can move me in a way high cost movies with hundreds if not thousands of people working on it rarely manages to do. 
So this is a writer appreciation post. You are all brilliant. You create worlds and characters out of nothing but words and that is really rather magical.

0 comments:

Post a Comment